Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Kansas - Land of the South Wind?

We had to run an errand. The wind is blowing dust and the sweet girl at the grocery asked me if that was smoke out there?  For now, at least, it's dust.

I was holding the door very carefully while putting the groceries in the side. Well, the wind was stronger than I am and it got away. Finally got it shut and staggered around to the driver's side, fighting the gusts
and the first thing I hear is, "I hope the door isn't broken."

So do I. Instead of using the back doors of the van where I thought the exposure to the gusts would be worse, I used the side. You just never know.

Weather channel says winds 23 - 45 mph with gusts to 60. High fire danger.

Folks, be careful out there.

The photo was taken on a much calmer day. Today the flags are straight out and straining.
And now we have a downed fence. No letting the dogs out on their own. There is a gate open to the front on the neighbor's side so we are leashing the outside visits.  We need someone to put up something!!!!

1 comment:

  1. We usually like a south wind cause it is warm:) Hope you get help with the fence!~ :)

    ReplyDelete