Saturday, February 24, 2018

Saturday

Our ice is gone so I went out this morning to get yesterday's mail. Two ads. Thankfully, no bills.

This morning Henry VIII and Abe Lincoln of Illinois have been on TMC. I wonder how closely they matched the actual history as we know it. I was never very interested in history in school and blame that on the way it was taught. There were so many interesting things that could have been told that could have made it fascinating. Maybe they do better now.

One former teacher in another state used history class to bring in the type of clothing, kitchen utensils, food, customs and farm items to teach the kids. As I understand it, they loved his classes.

God bless the teachers.

2 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike. I watched the last part of Henry VIII that gal had such a high pitched voice. Then I started to watch Abe Lincoln but had to do outside work so I did not finish it. This afternoon I watched The Search...it was a great old movie. I bet you would like it.
    I like history type movies:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I like The Search. Did not watch all of it today but saw the beginning which I seemed to have forgotten. The last part was the part I remember and did not get to see it today. A remarkable movie.

    ReplyDelete