Thursday, February 1, 2018

Entrapment?

My husband watches "Cops" part of the time. I have watched too and I admire these men who put up with all the harsh words,  disrespect and violence from those  they have to deal with.

One particular episode bothers me. The one where a female officer is sent out on the street or, as in today's program, a country road, and waves down passing cars with a single male driving.

She offers them a date and then the hidden officers swarm in.

I guess prostitution is against the law but was sex on these men's minds when they were driving along, minding their own business and someone flags them down? Sure, they could have gone on driving. Maybe they thought the woman was having a problem or was in some kind of trouble.

They stop and they are propositioned. If they accept, they are in big trouble and on the way to jail.



Or perhaps sex was on their mind in the first place.

1 comment:

  1. If I think back 40 years yes sex was on their minds. They can always say no...although a single guy in huis 20's...maybe not so much.

    ReplyDelete