Friday, February 23, 2018

Friday Again

These weeks just seem to go by faster and faster. Only a few more days (16) until we change the clocks again. My preference would be to pick a time and leave it there. Daylight or regular is fine with me - just quit going back and forth. (Does this sound like I'm a little irritated? Yep.)

It's not the time change only. First of all, I am so lucky to be where I am today. I have wonderful husband who never struck me or strayed or swore at me.  (The three S sins?) His main fault: when he gets an idea in his head, it's full force on to get that mission accomplished.  Think mesquite wood in Arizona. We looked all over for some to buy and bring back to Kansas for grilling. Not an easy task. I guess the restaurants bought it all.  When we were home, we found some for sale at a local store. Strange solutions to odd problems. Maybe it's just a strong stubborn steak which does get things done!

Anyway, I am very lucky to have been chosen by my parents after spending five months in the hospital. I wonder who paid that bill? Probably in 1931 it was $50 for five months.  When we had our first son in 1959, the whole charge to the doctor for nine months of visits and delivery was $100. (There was an extra ten for circumcision.)

After all this rambling, the thing that irritates me is the attitude of people in this country - the divisions that seemed to be encouraged by those on either side of the opinions. In the words of Rodney King, can't we all just get along?  Just believe the way you want and let others do their thing as long it is lawful.

Not likely but I keep hoping.

1 comment:

  1. You were a bargain:) I have a wonderful husband too...there are not many of them out there.
    Yes for everyone to get along, but everyone seems so bitter:(

    ReplyDelete