Tuesday, February 6, 2018

It's Cold

I know, it's winter, but for us a high of 24 for today is too chilly. So we stay inside and wait for a warmer day to get outside.

For lunch the main course was s*&% on a shingle. Dried beef in gravy on toast. I have made it earlier this year with corned beef because I couldn't find any dried beef in the meat section.

At the store last week I asked a clerk where I could locate it. She said, "We have corned beef." I said, "Yes, thank you. I know where that is. I'd really like the dried beef."

She seemed to think a moment and then said, "It comes in a jar and is on aisle eight, top shelf."
I thanked her and headed to aisle eight. As I went, I wondered how she managed to bring that out of her brain. All the employees are very friendly and helpful but how can they remember where all those thousands of items are located?

What if they are wearing a tiny microphone and a hidden ear piece. Someone in an office has the job to monitor them and tells them immediately where a particular item can be found.

Have I been watching too many spy thrillers?

I found it easily on aisle eight, top shelf, in a small jar. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment