Thursday, February 8, 2018

Before Sunup!

I remember my dad saying "sunup" instead of sunrise. I don't hear anyone using that term now.

Today I was out, in the dark, driving to the grocery store before 6:30. My thought was, fewer people, less flu germs. Most of the people there were employees, filling shelves and tending the produce.

I was home by 7:15 and had used my $5.00 coupon off if I spent over $90.00. To make the ninety dollar goal I had to grab three Pay Day bars. Lee will be happy.

Groceries put away and ready to make a pot of chili. Today's forecast? 58 degrees F.  Tomorrow: 33. Maybe the chili should wait till tomorrow.


4 comments:

  1. You were out and about early! Good to get it over with, I have the fixins for Chili too, maybe over the weekend. It was -17 this am and warmed to -3...I came home to let Chance out and catch a nap:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really can't imagine temperatures that low being normal! Hope Far Guy is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made the MaryLou meatloaf and we liked it but should have followed your advice on the topping as it was too sweet. We "raked" the topping off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'm not much for sweet on meat either - except some barbeque sauces.

      Delete