Tuesday, November 28, 2017

OOPS

Today I turned on the oven to bake a tuna casserole. I thought I smelled something burn-like!

It seems I hadn't opened the oven door since Thanksgiving. That was the day our wonderful granddaughters were the cooks. It may be that basting the turkey and returning it to the oven was the origin of some baked on "stuff."

Since the oven was hot, I decided to just wait till after the casserole was cooked, the oven was cooled and we had eaten lunch to clean the blackened broth.  I should have taken a photo! Anyway, with Bar Tender's Friend and a lot of elbow grease the gunk is gone.

I'm finding it harder to bend over and scrub. Wonder if my age has anything to do with that.

1 comment:

  1. At least it didn't start on fire. Ovens are hard to scrub, the reach and the height...you are not alone:)

    ReplyDelete