Friday, November 24, 2017

Happy Birthday

Today is my husband's birthday. We had family from Texas arrive with the whole Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday afternoon plus an ice cream cake with a big eight seven on it!

The girls fixed all the food and we ate at noon! Their mom was sick with a cold and didn't make the trip. We missed her and our other family that lives in Oregon!

We are blessed to have had a family that gets along with no major problems. (I'm speaking of the time frame After the teenage years here.) I think we all really like each other. If that is not the case, we are all hiding it quite well.

After two boys, we love our four granddaughters - especially since they are past that screaming age that little girls seem to go through! (I told me sister-in-law that I don't remember screaming as a kid.
Wonder if I did before I can remember.)

This is sort of a silly blog but I'm feeling very blessed here. The only problem - Texas and Oregon are so far away from the middle of Kansas.

And Lee was thrilled that we had the guests and talked to our other son by phone.


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Lee! It is good to have company that brings food and cake!

    ReplyDelete