Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Wednesday!

Lightning may strike today. We are supposed to have sunshine for the first time in over a week. And, I got up and actually accomplished something before seven o'clock.

And I woke up at 5:00 and decided I needed to get that stew meat browned and the stew in the slow cooker. After my shower, I browned the meat. (To flour or not to flour for browning? I even googled it.) There are two opinions so I tried the opposite of last time we had stew - no flour.  We'll see if there is difference! Chopped celery, onions, garlic (ok, it came out of a jar) potatoes, carrots and threw in a can of diced tomatoes and a can of beef broth. Should be ready by 1:00 p.m.

At 10:45 e have a doctor's appointment for Lee. That's always fun. Our doctor is a great guy and we see photos of his Mastiff - Lee loves BIG dogs and we have two small ones now. He likes them but I know he wishes for a Great Dane again. During our years together we've had a Boxer, Mac, a Bassett Hound, Duffer, four Great Danes, Bruno, Brutus, Beauregard and Zeus - one at a time, thank goodness, a rescue, Wally, and now Jack and Jill. also rescued. That's nine dogs in sixty-five years.

We also cared for a few, temporarily. Chip and Ernie, Schiz, Belle, Mork and Ingrid.



Egad.

2 comments: