Friday, November 17, 2017

Small Errors

Lee had an appointment with the doctor on Wednesday. He got his lab work done on Tuesday. At 10:40 we reported to the receptionist at the EKG department. No record for him to have any test done. Repeated the unusual name, spelled it, repeated date of birth and still no record. She asked for help from another clerk and they found the problem.

It was supposed to be an x-ray. "Someone just wrote it on the wrong line." Thanks for finding it. We were two floors away from x-ray. Even with an elevator, it's a struggle to walk for any distance. We just simply blew off the x-ray.

The doctor's receptionist asked if he had his lab and x-ray done. Yes and no.  Our doctor didn't ask any questions so maybe the x-ray wasn't so important after all.

I know everyone makes mistakes. I make my share but it is so amazing how many errors are made in the real world. I think I'll try to stay out of the hospital.

2 comments: