Saturday, September 29, 2018

Multnomah Falls - Oregon

One of two places I'd like to be today. In Oregon seeing younger son and family. The other place is in Texas, celebrating Oktoberfest with older son and family!

Instead, I'll go to the HRMC to celebrate all the babies born since the hospital was known as Grace Hospital. The oldest registered visitor is three years older than I am so maybe we can share some memories!

More later.

Well, I went to the event and it was only fifty-eight degrees. A slight breeze and I wished I had worn a sweat shirt instead of a light jacket. Many people were there with toddlers, babies and some with canes. They announced the oldest person there to have born at a Hutchinson Hospital was ninety-seven. Then they announced several who were in their 80's. I heard my name announced with the last name starting with a B instead of an N. I only saw one person that I knew and she recognized me but had to tell me her name. In my defense, we had known each other in quilt guild twenty years ag and she has lost approximately two hundred pounds. It was so nice to see her!

Since I had registered, I received a stainless steel cup with the hospital logo.  A very nice gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment