Sunday, September 30, 2018

Chili When It's Not Chilly

As I mentioned yesterday, it was 58 degrees for a high with a slight breeze. Somebody decided that chili really sounded good. I was so tired from walking from the parking area to the hospital event, that I begged off going to the store for supplies. We had sandwiches for supper.

This morning we made a quick trip for McKesson chili mix, onion, green pepper and celery, beans and canned tomatoes.  The most expensive thing on the list were the vegies from the salad bar. Lee insists that is easier than chopping them yourself but I think they are a little high priced. They had to pay someone else to cut them up!

We came home and I made the chili. It really smelled good and we ate it for lunch. I add a small shot of liquid smoke and Worcestershire Sauce.  It tasted great.

I checked the thermometer and the forecast. It's 84 and will be 91 by Wednesday.  I may freeze the rest of the chili soup.

1 comment:

  1. It is chilly here...and I have some Chili frozen.
    I envy you that warm weather:)

    ReplyDelete