Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Found It!

I have been looking for socks that do not have binding elastic around the top. In other words, anklets for women. My husband told me to buy diabetic socks. The ones I found were "tall." They came half way up my calf. I guess that doesn't matter because I wear slacks/jeans/sweat pants most of the time.

I kept thinking that surely there were some anklets somewhere.

Today I was sent into Orscheln's Farm and Home Store to buy forty gallon trash bags. "They are on the far wall about half way down and you have to reach up." o.k.  As I walked along the east "far" wall, I checked out the merchandise. Suddenly I saw a large assortment of women's socks. There they were: black anklets made for diabetics. I do not have that disease but I don't like tight elastic around my ankles.

So I picked up a bundle, found the trash bags and checked out. When I got home and took off the label, I discovered they were made in this country. I'm not opposed to trade with other countries, but it is so unusual to find anything marked Made in the USA.


I remember a joke from Spanish class. A man who could not speak English was in a store looking for socks. He kept looking around and the clerk couldn't tell what he was looking for. Suddenly he said, "Eso si que es!"  The clerk said, "Why didn't you spell it in the first place?"

That Spanish is pronounced  S O C K S.


1 comment:

  1. I wonder if anything is made in the USA anymore...glad you found your socks. Thank you for the comment about Chance we sure miss him:(

    ReplyDelete