Saturday, May 6, 2017

Freaky Friday

I had to wait a day to comment on yesterday.

Everywhere we went, every errand we ran, and several persons were just unbelievably frustrating.
I have tried to learn to be more patient. For the most part, I think I have succeeded. In the grocery line waiting to pay, I don't sigh or shuffle my feet while waiting for the person ahead of me try to get their debit card to work.

I try to see the store clerk or worker's point of view -just like Gregory Peck as Atticus said in that great movie.

But yesterday at each stop we made, either the item promised us was not there or something didn't work out. The woman ahead of me in line had several items. Her card did not work when she swiped it. The clerk had told her on a previous visit to try putting scotch tape on the card.
 She had forgotten so the clerk left to go get some tape. At first there was a bubble. Tape off, more tape on. Success.  The clerk apologized and then we both wondered why people don't use cash anymore.

At the last stop, the record showed that I had not been there since August of 2015. I differed but computers don't lie. (People who key things in can make mistakes but they insisted.) Oh well.

Patience, Lord, patience - and I need it right now!

1 comment:

  1. I need patience too! It will be tourist season here in another month, then we really need patience:)

    ReplyDelete