Friday, October 18, 2019

Flu Shot

Both Lee and I thought we had had our flu shots this fall. Nope. It was last year in September. I guess time compresses (or something) the  older you get.

I got my shot Wednesday. Yesterday I did not feel well at all. Barely ate anything. Drank water and slept. I told my sister-in-law I had never had anything like that before. I managed to wake up for the first half of the KC Chiefs game and back to sleep. I feel ok today.

So I decided to look in my "journal/diary/notes" that I keep to help remember when things happen.
September 20, 2018. Flu shot. Saw Dr. S.  He is retiring!"

September 21, 2018. Sick all day. Chills. Arm pain. Weak. In bed all day.

UNBELIEVABLE.  I did not remember that at all. Very scary.

So if I ever tell you something and you find out it isn't true, I'm not lying. I probably just don't remember.

3 comments:

  1. I do the same thing. If Dennis didn't remind of things, I would be a blank slate! Flu shots affect me weird too. I haven't felt like myself since I got the shot on Tuesday. Everyone thinks I exagerate, but I know it happens every year. I may stop getting them because it's a bit scary.
    I hope you're better today. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the flu would be much worse than one day of weirdness - but it sounds like yours was more than that! Hope you fell better soon.

      Delete
  2. I don't feel well either. I got mine on Thursday and here it is Sunday and I am still struggling.

    ReplyDelete