Sunday, October 27, 2019

Chicken Thighs

I like chicken. Lee only likes the breast because it's white meat. I saw a recipe for thighs with very few ingredients:

Packet of onion soup mix
Bottle of Russian Dressing
Jar of apricot marmalade

I had onion soup mix. So in one of my almost daily trips to the store, I picked up the chicken. I looked for Russian Dressing. I think they must have had every kind of salad dressing made except Russian. Greek, Bleu, Chunky Bleu, Poppy Seed, Raspberry, Ranch, French etc. Rows and rows of them. I knew I had Ranch at home. I wasn't sure where the jelly and jams and marmalades were. Besides, I had orange marmalade at home. Improvise and substitute. Right?

I made them with the ranch and orange substitutes. 400 degrees for an hour or until the chicken is done. Baste often. I thought they were delicious.

Lee had fish sticks.

3 comments:

  1. Thighs have so much more flavor just my opinion! Your new recipe sounds good:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound delicious! I'm going to try it out soon. I have thighs in the freezer and onion soup mix in the cupboard. So I only need Russian dressings and marmalade. Uh-oh, I think I'm in the same boat you were! Ha!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to try it with the actual ingredients to see how different it might be! Recipe also says to baste often. So I did. Let me know if you find Russian dressing!!

      Delete