Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February 28, 2012

Well, we had our first tornado warning of the year. . . sirens blowing - the whole deal.

I must be confused but it has been pounded into us for years that if there is a chance of a tornado, the weather bureau issues a Tornado Watch. 

If there is tornado sighted, then the bureau issues a Tornado Warning.  Tonight they issued a warning because a weather spotter saw a tornado half way to the ground below a wall cloud.  Then they announced later that it is not a tornado unless it's actually on the ground.

I wonder if anybody else is as confused as I seem to be.

1 comment:

  1. The thought of a tornado is scary enough without having a communication problem about it! We have earthquakes where I live and I'd take them any day over a tornado. The mere thought of them scare the the heck out of me! Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete