Saturday, January 8, 2011

Fireplace

This is the first place that we have lived with a fireplace. Shortly after we moved in, we had gas logs installed. About a month later an ice storm interrupted our electricity supply and our only source of heat was the fireplace. We felt very fortunate. We slept in front of it in sleeping bags with the temperature around 50 degrees. That doesn't sound COLD, but it felt cold. I think we had power back on in about twenty hours but were thankful that we had decided to get the gas connection from our friend, Steve!

We actually don't use it very much. Maybe if the computer were in the same room, since that's where I spend a lot of (too much) time, we would burn it more.

L. turned it a while ago to see if it still was in working order. Cold days are headed this way!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I have a laptop and a router. I sit in the living room with the laptop in my lap.

    ReplyDelete