Monday, October 8, 2018

Duplicate Available

Last week I realized I hadn't made my "peasant bread" in my fantastic yellow Dutch oven for several months. It's a fun and easy recipe but it calls for parchment paper. There was none in my aluminum foil, wax paper, plastic baggy drawer.

So on the next trip to the grocery store I picked up a package of their brand (Kroger) of the paper. I remember I had bought Reynolds or some well known name before but didn't see any on the shelf.

I came home and put everything away. The large flat box would not fit in the drawer. Too large and too thick to let the drawer close. I opened the cabinet drawer below and thought I could stand it up there where it would be easy to find.

It was easy to see because there was already the exact same package of parchment paper, standing up on end, unopened. I have plenty of parchment paper now.

As a dear friend from high school, Wilma "Perky" Perks used to say on her local radio show, "I do miss my mind."

2 comments:

  1. Well you can bake now! I keep mine in a weird place too because the box is longer...:)

    ReplyDelete