Wednesday, October 17, 2018

A Loser

Yesterday we decided to get carry out for lunch. We had seen some advertising on tv for a nationally known restaurant which offered three "new" pasta dishes.  The stuffed rigatoni looked really good.

We ordered, were given a time and were there one minute late. We waited. And waited. Seven minutes later the employee brought the item to the car. We paid and drove home which is about half a mile.  The car was warm since we had the colder temperatures yesterday. We were using the heater!

I opened the container and was disappointed. The pasta looked sad and rubbery. There was very little sauce. I dished it up. It was not warm through. After a trip to the microwave we had lunch.

That was the worst thing I have had at that particular café. So I filled out a review form.

Today I got a phone call from the company. She wanted to give us a coupon for a free meal after she had me describe the meal. I told her no. I didn't do it for that reason. This was the first time I had had such a bad deal from them and I thought they should know.  She then casually mentioned that they have had mixed reviews on the rigatoni! After more refusals from me for a free meal, she said the next time I go, tell them and they will give me a free dessert "or something."

Not likely.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes and very prompt too! The survey said within two to three weeks they would reply.

      Delete
  2. More: I received an email with an attachment from the head honcho of the company! The only catch - I can't open it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we don't let them know about the food they serve, they will not change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd take the free meal.

    ReplyDelete