Tuesday, January 9, 2018

On Being 86 3/4

It takes longer to do everything.

I'm glad our son gave me a computer almost thirty years ago. I don't think I could learn to use it now.

Most situations don't bother me too much. (There are some exceptions.)

I notice errors when dealing with stores, employees etc. more than I used to. Maybe there are more errors or they just happen to us.  I know I make my share so I can't complain!

When I use my cell phone as a camera, I think of Dick Tracy and his two-way wrist radio that was an unheard of item, only available in the funny papers.

So thankful for Skype so I can see people in other states.

I don't miss traveling but wish it was easier to get from here to there to see our family. Waiting for "Beam me up, Scotty."

I still miss my mom and dad.

I'm glad I  had my quilting time from 1993 to 2006.  Learned enough to finish a quilt with pieces my mom had cut and basted.

Now the hobby is crochet which Martha taught me in 1948. It is a satisfying thing to do.

Sometimes I wish I had a cleaning lady because the sweeper is getting heavier and the Swiffer isn't doing a super job on the kitchen floor.

Thankful I'm still here because when I arrived they didn't give me much of a chance.

And thankful for my husband. For sixty-five years we have had a good life together, two sons,
two daughters-in-law and four granddaughters!  Life is good.





1 comment:

  1. 86 3/4 should be celebrated!
    I like your recap of the way things are.
    I am thankful that you blog and for your friendship!!

    ReplyDelete