Friday, March 15, 2019

A Long Journey

Today was the day to take the information to the tax lady. She is located in a town south of here known as South Hutchinson. We have been there many times. Today a street was closed where we usually turn. I continued on till I could turn off the highway and ended up in a large empty parking area for a trucking company. Back to the road.

After a long ride through parts of town never before seen by us and a long winding trail through Carey Park (think salt company) we finally arrived at South Main Street and turned south again to get to the tax office.  Lee finally asked, "Where are we going?" It would have been funny if I had felt better.

The nice tax lady says most people over sixty-five are doing the standard deductions. We'll see how it works out.

We did manage to find our way home by sticking to Main Street.

2 comments:

  1. Well I am glad you eventually found your way there. Now I suppose you have to go back in a few weeks to get the papers:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I will stick to the straight down Main Street route.

      Delete