Saturday, December 8, 2018

Chili

With high temperatures in the low 30's and today it's 23 so far, we thought chili sounded good.
I made the grocery list and took off. Among other things we needed I got all the chili fixins - tomatoes, celery, onion, green pepper, kidney beans and hamburger.

It was not a good experience at check-out. I still let the cashiers ring me up instead of all that self-service they provide. I unloaded the cart and the last item I took out was a large jar of dill pickles. I didn't make it onto the belt. It hit the edge and then hit the floor. Glass, pickles and juice were all over.

I was embarrassed. The bag girl told me that yesterday somebody dropped her bottle of tea. "It happens."

After I got home, I started the chili. No McCormick packet of chili powder and no chili powder on the spice shelf. BUT, there was a packet of Taco Mix.

Someone said the chili was good. I asked if it was too hot. "No, it was good."

He'll never know because he doesn't read this blog.

2 comments: