Tuesday, August 19, 2014

To Organize or Not?

This was taken a few years ago when I was trying to put some photos "in order."  After a while, I gave up and dumped them in a box. This week-end I began again and was able to empty one box, putting most of the loose ones in an album.

The question now is, what do I do with the photos from my parents time? Photos of persons that are completely unknown to me.

L. says, "Throw them away if you don't know them." But to me, they represent someone's history.



One blog I follow has old, historical pictures that he finds in albums in antique shops. Maybe I should send them to him.

3 comments:

  1. I did just that when going through my in laws pictures. We just didn't know everyone, so I tossed them. You know, it really bothered me doing that. I wish people would write on the back of their pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've been doing that today too. Dates and names.

      Delete
  2. My mom was so good at writing on the back of here photos. I made three Heritage scrap books for my three kids and used most of my mom's photos and was able to identify nearly everyone.

    I loved scrapbooking but had to give it up when I ran out of space to put them.

    ReplyDelete