Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Question of the Day

 How many things can a person hang on their ears?  Back in the '60's a lot of us were piercing our ears. I went the cheap route and bought some self piercers. My husband and younger sent went to a jewelry store and had one ear pierced for a really small flat do dad. That didn't last long but I kept mine till this year.

Shortly after my ear experience, I needed reading glass so I bought those half glass jobs like Gypsy Rose Lee wore. That was our only similarity.

After regular glasses came along in the late '70's, I was set until this spring when it was decided that I needed O2. The nasal canula hangs from the ears and serves the nose/lungs. I took out the earrings because the tubing kept in touch with the small hoops. (This really didn't count since they were on the lobe, not over the ear.)

 And to top it off, our older son said my quality of life would be better if I used some hearing aides. Since Lee can't hear me and I can't hear him, I yell and I now wear the hearing devices. 

That makes three layers of equipment over the ears. 

It's a good thing the ears are big ones.


4 comments:

  1. You made me laugh with the picture I came up with in my head. But actually, I'm sure it would still be a beautiful you that I would see if I were there. No matter how many things are on your ears. :-) I'm sure glad you have glasses, hearing aids and oxygen to help you live better. Can you imagine what it was like years ago, before such things existed? We are blessed.
    Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday my friend.
    Blessings and hugs, (virtual of course)
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need hearing aids. I say what a lot.

    Love hearing of you new life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then if you go out add a mask, a while ago a fellow had the hearing aides, glasses and was struggling with the mask so I made crochet extensions with buttons to keep the mask up and away from his ears...his wife said they worked real good.
    My husband continually fights with his O2 Canula...the latest has been severe nosebleeds...we found a product called Ayr from Wally world helps to keep his nose moist it is a Saline Nasal Mist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing what pur ears will hold! I had my ears pierced when I was 20 and wore tiny earrings until I was in my 40s then stopped wearing them altogether. Mostly my ears just hold my glasses nowadays and the face mask sometimes too lol. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete