Monday, November 9, 2020

It's Been A While

 I would love to say that things are back to normal but it's only two and half months when the people who know says it will be six months. Among putting on pressure "socks," doing exercises, taking pills and fixing something to eat the blog gets left out. All normal stuff for human beans (as I used to think the word was.) But when everything takes longer, I'm trying to catch up. I know how lucky I am so have a good result - just learning patience.

Last night was a new experience. I had just gone to bed at 10:00. The dang smoke alarm started beeping that the battery was low. This freaks out the dog - just the little spaced out beeps. The plump one headed under the bed - a first as far as I know and the thinner one took off outside.

Two ladders, a bulb extractor (which was no help at all) lots of grunting and groaning, we got it unscrewed and stopped the noise. Lee had to go outside to find Jack and Jill exited the bed site.

It's now midnight.

Finally I woke up at 8:00 a.m.

The ladders are in the dining room. I put the light bulb remover away and still haven't showered or gotten dressed.

It's things like this that mess up your day.



2 comments:

  1. So good to hear what you’re doing. You and Lee conquered that problem together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you! Blog when you can and take care of yourself! Is there anyone that can change the batteries in all the smoke alarms for you? If you have health care workers I think they could help:)

    ReplyDelete