Thursday, November 24, 2016

Pop Bottle Top Trivet

 
Here in the boonies of Kansas, we call sodas "pop."  About a half century ago (1949 to be exact) I used to crochet with very fine thread. No more. I use yarn and make afghans and hats.
But back to the soda pop lids: I washed this before taking the photos. Maye those are burns instead of dirt - anyway, I tried to pull aside some of the stitches to see what we were drinking back then.
I saw Imitation Strawberry and Orange Soda. Most of them were not loose enough to decipher.
This is a thing I have saved, moved, used and still have. There are many other things we have discarded over the 64 years that I wish we still owned! A stamp collection, a wounded rocking chair, a Japanese sword, a set of Fostoria (but it now has a good home) a piano, a perfume bottle collection, a 1928 Buick coupe with wooden spoke wheels - the list is long.
On second thought, where would I have room for all that stuff?

4 comments:

  1. The 1928 Buick with wooden wheels wouldn't that be fun to drive around in! :)

    ReplyDelete