Saturday, January 3, 2015

Galavant?

I have seen an ad on television for a new show, Galavant. That made me think of a word that I haven't heard in many years: gallivanting. My mom used it to say someone was gallivanting around. To me that meant roaming around loose and up to no good. With this tv program having Ricky Gervais in it, there will probably be a lot of that going on. The way my (feeble) mind works, I also thought of Sir Galahad. . . the reason for the photo of Sir Knight who now resides in Omaha after living in our basement for a few years.

4 comments:

  1. When I go out to lunch with the "girls" my husband always says we are galavanting.
    Balisha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear the word is still in use!

      Delete
  2. We galavant up here too! I have a friend who has a suit of armor in his home, I will take a photo someday if we visit him far away.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this was an item in a restaurant as part of their décor! My husband bought it at a garage sale. Some friends whose last name is related to a person who wears a suit of armor has it now.

      Delete