Sunday, June 15, 2014

Dad, His Brother and His Tool Box

Born in 1898, my dad was the younger of two brothers. I have  his tool box and baby shoes that his mother saved and many happy memories of him being strict but loving me and mom through the depression and the war. He didn't serve in WWI. His brother told him to stay home and evidently he wasn't drafted! In WWII, they told him he was too old and he had some weird classification like
"4 H" which meant he was vital to the war effort in his employment. He worked for Kansas Power and Light as a lineman. He lived to be 83, which is my age now. Love you, Dad.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you to have those treasures, Your dad sounded like a wonderful father.
    balisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know, or didn't remember that was Grandpa's toolbox!

    ReplyDelete