Tuesday, February 18, 2014

travels

Heading to the city south of us that bears our town's name with "South" added, I noticed that the directions to continue on highway K61 told me to turn right. The first exit after that sign would have taken me directly to the zoo in the park. Maybe the sign should say, "Second exit on right" or something!  I wondered aloud how many strangers ended up at the zoo.

On the return trip, I needed to negotiate the exit to get onto Lorraine Street headed north. This is the first time I had returned this way since the  new overpass was completed. I missed the exit.
I am not a stranger. I know where the street is. There was no other exit before the correct one. I still
missed it.

Oh well. On to the Airport Road exit and home.  At least we didn't have to wait through the mess that is 11th and Lorraine and K61.

I don't know if it is true, but the story is that there are no overpasses on K61 at 30th, 17th, 11th, and 4th Streets because the powers that were in charge thought that it would be too easy to just keep driving and not exit to enter dear old Hutch. If someone wants to come into town to shop, they will.
So for that thinking, we have all these intersections with traffic lights, long waits and small town mentality. I'm sure all those overpasses would have been costly but people, think ahead!

The reason for out trip south? To pick up our tax return. We get a refund!  $4.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment