Monday, July 16, 2012

Sun Over Montparnasse

Tonight I was watching Antique Road Show. They had a lithograph or three that were in a collection. In the 1930's and 1940's there was an Association of American Artists series. For five dollars membership you joined and received an autographed limited edition lithograph.

This reminded me that one of the gifts to me from my second cousin was one of these lithographs. Mine is by Aaron Bohrod with the information on the back from what looks like a newspaper clipping but is probably what was sent out with the work.

I have always liked the scene, especially the man with the loaf of French bread and the horse and wagon.

A quick look on the internet and I found one for sale.
Pardon the window reflection. . .the flash wouldn't work with the glass, of course, and I couldn't get an angle without it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: