Here is the shell of HHS. Actually, the top floor was used for Hutchinson Junior College before their building on North Plum was built around 1939. After the new high school was built, this was Central Junior High for several years.
This was located at 7th and Walnut - another place where Walnut was blocked by a building. Now the Salvation Army has a nice building and a parking lot where this stood.