Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Rolls




We had home-baked cinnamon rolls this morning with our coffee. Notice I said home-baked, not home-made.
The Pillsbury Doughboy provided them. As good as they are, I wish there was an easier way to get them out of that cardboard can.
There was some frosting left after applying it to the five rolls.
We had a few graham crackers so I used the frosting to make a treat from childhood.
My mom, grandmother and great aunts all made this for us for afternoon snacks.
Just a little powdered sugar and some milk mixed together.
At least there was a little food value in the graham flour and maybe cheaper than buying Oreos.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I had forgotten all about those graham cracker treats. Mom used to make those for me too. During the war, she made a simple piece of bread and butter with a little sugar sprinkled on for sweetness. No wonder I have a sweet tooth :)
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had lots of bread and butter sandwiches after school but I don't think we did the sugar addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to eat those also. When left to our own devices, we'd sprinkle sugar onto a butter covered piece of bread...

    ReplyDelete