Saturday, April 23, 2016

SNAFU

Today's SNAFU comes from a baking event. I decided to use some old bananas in a recipe for banana bread that I have probably made twenty-five times since 1947 when I copied it from Mrs. Baxter's "receipt."

Two cups of flour. I dumped in three. I wish I could blame it on the new glasses but I cannot. It
is written very clearly and rereading it, I can see it very clearly. I scraped out as much of the third cup of flour as I could. Luckily I hadn't stirred it into the batter yet. Picked up another very ripe (think black) banana and mashed it and added it into the bowl.

After almost an hour (as opposed to the fifty minutes called for) the tooth pick came out clean.
First slice, warm with butter, and a cup of coffee was very tasty.

I read something the other day that said when you get older, you don't quit doing stupid things; you just do them more slowly.

That is I!

2 comments:

  1. I once added a rotten egg to a whole bunch of sugar and oil when making pumpkin bread, Since then I put my eggs in a bowl first.
    At least you didn't have to throw your snafu out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same thing - egg in a custard cup first!

      Delete