Thursday, November 1, 2012

No Newspaper

Another exciting event at the Ramble house today.

No newspaper. It is usually delivered by 6:00 a.m. Not today. We searched the yard.
I waited till about 10:00 and called the carrier's number. A recording prompted me to leave a message.

About noon, L. was out in the front yard and happened to look up on the roof. There was the paper.  When the carrier's mother called about 2:00, I told her what had happened. She was very sorry. She has told her son not to throw the paper so hard and so high and will definitely see that our paper is on the porch from now on. She was very nice and thanked me for calling her (insert here "and not the newspaper office" because I know that was what she was thinking.) I must say, I was very nice too.  We had two boys who threw papers starting when they were thirteen. We faced a lot of people who didn't want to pay when collection day came around. Thank goodness the kids don't have to do that anymore.

That's about all the news from here today.

No comments:

Post a Comment