Monday, June 11, 2012

Good Monday

Instead of coffee, our group had lunch at the best Mexican restaurant in our town.
Later in the afternoon I had a trip to see a new doctor. The one I had seen for eight and a half years left town. I chose to stay with his former office mate.

He had very good news. We are going to  continue the same treatment as the last two years - nothing. Almost everything in the blood report is normal and stable. I am a very lucky to have survived with chronic leukemia for thirty-one years.  No treatment was started until 2003. The quote from my (since retired) doctor in 1981 was, "We won't bother it if it doesn't bother you" and "If you have to have one, this is the one to have."

As my friend, Barb, says, Count your blessings. I certainly do.

No comments:

Post a Comment