Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Crocheted Trivets


On the left is a crocheted hot dish thingy to set a casserole on. It's probably not accurate to call it a trivet because there are no legs.
The orange, brown and green one was made by my mother-in-law many years ago. I decided I would try to copy it with the yarn I happened to have. First of all, the plastic rings that come on water bottles do not seem to be as round as those that used to come on soft drink cans. Second, now that the piece is finished I see that I did not make the stitches as tight as I should have. The red, yellow and white one does not lie flat - even after soaking it and letting it dry outside in the HEAT.

I also now remember why I quit crocheting. Can you relate to stiff and aching fingers?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment