Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Half staff


This photo is a day late for Pearl Harbor day, but L. did put the flag out. I actually remember hearing on the radio that we had been attacked. The reaction of my folks made me think that this was really very serious.

I do not remember what time of day it was. Perhaps it was in the afternoon. I know that on Sunday evening we always listened to "One Man's Family" on the radio. Lux Radio Theater was on Monday and Fibber McGee and Molly, Bob Hope, and Red Skelton were on Tuesday night. In bed by 8:30, I could stay awake and hear them till 10:00. I remember telling someone that tv would never catch on because you had to sit and watch it and couldn't do anything else like you could when listening to the radio - ironing, sewing, cooking, doing dishes and other hobbies.

So much for my view of the future.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment