Saturday, December 4, 2010

Bread Pudding - Microwave

My friend, LP, said she made bread pudding the other day. That reminded me that I had a recipe to make it in the microwave. So with my 1978 Litton cookbook out, I got the ingredients and made half a batch. I will be the only one eating it. It turned out quite nicely.

Old Fashioned Bread Pudding

2 cups milk
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
3 cups soft bread crumbs
1/2 cup raisins
1 tbsp. butter or margarine

Combine milk, eggs,sugar, cinnamon and salt in 1 1/2-quart glass casserole; beat with rotary beater.
Stir in bread crumbs and raisins. Dot with butter.

Microwave for 26 to 30 minutes on SIMMER, or until almost set in center. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. 4 to 6 servings.

Our newer microwave (somewhat newer than the 1978 model) does not have SIMMER so I used 50 % power.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment