Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Quiet Please

This is the day to report for an IV at the "regional center." I simply call it a hospital. Anyway, I get some stuff to help me fight off infections.
They provide lunch if the stay is during the noon hour.
First thing as you enter at 10:00, the question is what would like to eat?
So at shortly after 10:30, an aide came in and set up the table. I said, "So soon?" She said if the table isn't set up when they deliver the meal, they won't leave it.
At 11:10 the pleasant lady came with my tray. To verify my name she showed me a form with a name starting with P - not me! "Sorry." and she left.
About 12:00 a nurse came in and told me it was her fault; she failed to put a room number on the request and it would be up in about 20 minutes. BTW, all the persons are so nice, thoughtful and efficient....temperature taken what seemed like every fifteen minutes. Same with BP although that is automatic. About 12:20 the aide who had set up the table came to remove it. I told her I hadn't seen a tray. (One nurse had told her that I had eaten.) The nurse who had mentioned "20 minutes to go" came in and said she could have gone down and gotten it more quickly.
Later the aide who was in charge of the table came back. She called the dietary department. Replaced order. By now it was 12:40.
Of course, the better half was not pleased with the service! I said he could just take me to lunch when we got out. At 1:00 the tray appeared. Turkey croissant, chips, iced tea and chololate pie. Just what I had ordered and not bad at all.
The upshot is this: if there is no room number how would they know where this patient is? I asked, couldn't they have called the pink lady at the information desk? I guess outpatients aren't listed but there are only two areas in the whole place where that is the case. I guess it's not the dietary dept. to hunt down people and I can understand that.

They should be glad I'm not a bitchy old lady! I can imagine some of what they might have heard from a disgruntled customer - hey, I've been on the receiving end of some of those rants at that particular place many years ago!
Came home a slept for almost four hours - turkey triptophane????
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment