Saturday, April 17, 2010

Apollo 13 Anniversary

Don't be fooled by the empty seats. The crowd was behind us and it was large. Nine men were there from the NASA mission control crew that was on duty when Apollo 13 had its incident. Gene Krantz is second from left and Gunter Wendt is on the right. It was great to hear the stories and how they felt - never a thought about losing the capsule and the crew. They were trained to solve any problem. Their training included many simulations of possibilities that could occur.
I wish I had the list of names of all the men there. If it is listed in the paper, I'll add the names.
Milt Windler, Gene Kranz,Gerry Griffin, Ed Fendell, Jerry Bostick,Sy Liebergat, Jack Lausma, Joe Kerwin, Gunter Wendt.
And Andrew Chaikin was the moderator.
(The names are not in the right order with the photo.)Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I would really have liked to see this presentation! Let me know if something like this comes to town again.

    ReplyDelete