Tuesday, November 20, 2018

What It Was, Was Football

We have a favorite team - the Kansas City Chiefs. Last night was the best football game I have ever seen. They were down 13 - 0 and came back.  They were down more points later and tied it up. Each kicker missed a point after. There were way too many flags thrown.

But, talk about exciting. The first 73 yard pass that I witnessed on tv (or anywhere) was thrown by Patrick Mahomes. The other quarterback was no slouch either - Goff and his team were very strong.

Sadly Mahomes had at least two interceptions and a sack but he really showed guts or maturity or something and kept on keeping on. Sadly the Rams won but it was the highest scoring game in NFL history. . . . 54-51.

As to the title of this blog - if you have never heard Andy Griffiths recording with that name, it was on a record album of his stories. We listened to it in Russell, Kansas, when Lee was on a mid watch at a small airport! Let's see, we spent two years there and left in 1954.

It's been a while.

I wonder if it's on YouTube.

P.S. I guess I was so excited that I did not fall asleep after the  late game. I was awake all night. It's time for a nap.

3 comments:

  1. It is fun when you enjoy a game! We like Hockey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Chiefs!
    Andy Griffith had a blog called marylourambles??
    PS Take a nap:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have said the title of this POST.
      Smart aleck son!

      Delete