Monday, August 28, 2017

Another One Bites the Dust

We have too many restaurants in our small town. From time to time, one fails.

Today we drove by the fancy hamburger shop that has been here only two years. The windows were covered by brown paper. On social media I thought about posting "Another One Bites the Dust" but decided against it. Scrolling on down the page, I came to a post on a commercial news site that was headed by those very words! I was so glad I hadn't used it or even posted about it.

Some of the comments indicated that when this shop opened, they hired forty-five people. Later they trimmed it down to a very minimum. Another person said that when two  hamburgers, fries and two drinks cost $30 they should have known it wouldn't make it in this little town with no good paying jobs.

The ice cone place next door closed earlier in the same building. A few years ago someone opened a self service yogurt shop. I went there once and spooned up a small amount of yogurt and very few toppings. It was $6.50. Didn't ever go back! And then it closed.

Do you get the feeling that I'm tight with our money?  You would be right.

1 comment:

  1. It it is really good food I don't mind paying but it better be really good food. We have so few really good places to dine...especially in the winter...we like our own food best:)

    ReplyDelete