Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Old Kentucky Home

I really liked this house where we visited in Kentucky. Right in the middle of the "woods." A little steamy in the summer but on the whole a nice quiet place to reside!

Later: The thermometer reads 63 - nice January so far.

 I spent from noon to four twenty at the hospital for a monthly IV that I call "invade the veins."  I told the nurses that since they had to work, I came to spend the afternoon with them in sympathy - of them not being able to be outside.  The young nurse told me she had read that I was a hard stick so she got the veteran to come in. After trying very hard to start the IV, the nurses were sympathetic to me.  Six tries: a new record surpassing the old one of five. Dang old veins, anyway.
Next assignment: the nurse dreaded having to go try an IV on a patient who insisted on a foot site!  I told her to return and report. She did - she was delighted!  First try. I told her she deserved a miracle. (Foot IVs are very hard to do but she got it in the patients shin!  Ouch!)


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment