Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Winter blahs

I am tired of cold weather and clouds and windy gusts. This afternoon the sun has come out.
Over the week-end I felt like going to bed and just waiting for 67 degrees - that's the temperature that Captain Kangaroo said the thermometer had to reach before the kids could go out without a coat.
There is a national junior college basketball tournament in town. The local school is not in it so I imagine there are plenty of available seats. Maybe we should take in a game or two to break the boredom.
Maybe I'm not bored - just disappointed. Looking forward to some classes at the library this month. Maybe I'll make some new friends . . . .a person can never have too many friends and I'm down to only two that I can count on. I hope they know they can depend on me.

Didn't mean for this to be a pity party but I've always tried to be kind and outgoing but maybe others don't see me that way. I learned a long time ago not to say what pops into my head as a fast retort. I wouldn't hurt anybody's feelings for anything. Guess it hasn't worked in my favor!

Better day tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. I hope I'm one of those you counted! I count on you! Hang in there...the sun will shine again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Grandma! And just an FYI bad days tend to come in 2 and 1/3 day intervals. It has been strongly researched by me and a few friends here so make it a 1 1/3 day left and then you'll be in the clear I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you dear Taylor!!! I feel better already this morning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, sorry you are feeling down. Love you Mom. Get out of the house and go take some pictures somewhere. Getting out always makes me feel better!

    ReplyDelete