Saturday, December 5, 2020

No More Excitement

 My sister-in-law says maybe something exciting will happen on days when we chat. I'll take calm days. For instance, Jill, the bully dog, kept following me around the house. Very unusual. She wasn't making her "feed me" sound. No crying or barking just walking with me. Very unusual.

I walked to the front room window to see if the mail flag was up. I had put out some bill payments. I saw a dog across the street walking along the grass near the sidewalk just like the neighbor's dog used to do. I had asked Mr. H. how he got the dog to stay on his property and not leave. "He knows better," and sort of laughed." I didn't know if the dog was well trained or had been severely treated. I knew Mr. H. would never mistreat that dog. Trooper was well trained!

So I looked again and it sort of looked like our dog, Jack. Oh my gosh. I saw the red tag. It was Jack.

I whipped off my O2 ( the tube doesn't reach outside, opened the garage door and by that time he had reversed course and was headed south. I called him and he looked at me for several seconds. He has to think things over. Thank goodness there was no traffic. I kept calling and he came across the street and up between the houses. I finally got him to come with me but when we got to the garage door, he balked. I had no leash so I grabbed his collar and sort of dragged him to the door control. Jill was glad to see him and was jumping around. They both  headed out the dog door and into the back yard. A few minutes later I heard Jack barking. No trace of him the back yard. He had found a broken board and had gone through it to freedom for the second time! Our neighbor tried to call us but my phone was inside in my coat. He was out in his yard where the opening led. We got him inside and secured the doggie door. Our  wonderful neighbor, Mr. S. offered to temporarily fix the opening. The only reason Jill didn't follow was because she is 30 lbs. and Jack is much smaller. 

That is not the kind of excitement J. is talking about and I surely don't want it. 


12 comments:

  1. Wow! That's more excitement than you need! Thank goodness for kind Mr. S. helping out to do a temporary fix on the fence. Hopefully your sister-in-law's version of something exciting happening during your chats is of a more subdued nature. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! Poor rotund Jill didn’t get to go on a walkabout with Jack. Glad he is back and safe though. Was it along the back fence line??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, on the north between our backyard and Mr. S's
      yard.

      Delete
  3. Jill knew Jack was off to no good and was trying to tell you! What an adventure! That is enough excitement for your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your card was so touching, thank you, Mike<3

      Delete
  4. That is definitely not the excitement you want. Jill was trying to let you know something was up. I'm so glad you have a good neighbor in Mr. S helping to fix the fence.
    Now, for some calmness.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really different that she would walk beside me like that. I had no clue but looking for the mail box flag saved the day - er dog.

      Delete
  5. That was an “opening” for excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When it comes to roofing Indianapolis IN residents want their roofers to be able to do more than just roof installation. It can be tricky finding a company that handles roof repairs, maintenance, installing gutters, and siding. If you want a company that can do all of these things, then you have come to the right place. We are the roofing contractors Indianapolis always needed!



    Address: 809 Lionshead Ln, Greenwood, IN, 46143

    Phone: (317) 751-7125

    business email: newroofmadeeasy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete