Wednesday, November 25, 2020

A Very BIG Birthday

Lee's birthday started out with a large cake delivered from our local Dillons (now Kroger) grocery store. They also had a sweet bouquet and a card for Lee. It was from all the kids (2 sons, 2 daughter-in-laws and 4 grand daughters  - plus some one added the two dogs.)

The name that is hard to see is Lily which they had trouble getting all on one line. The pastry person would have had more room if she/he had left out the extra L but all things considered, she/he did a pretty good job! Later a few of us talked on Zoom and sang the birthday song. PN had a meeting so he couldn't make it. Technology is nice but we all would rather have the real thing!

Happy Birthday on the big  Nine Oh!  Egad, I'll be there in four months.

8 comments:

  1. Happy, happy Birthday to Lee! You're right, that pastry person did an excellent job getting all of those names in.
    90! I never, ever would have guessed you were almost 90. You are an inspiration to me and I appreciate you letting me be a small part of your life through your blog.
    Wishing you both a Happy Thanksgiving and I hope you have a lovely day.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betsy!(The photo was taken several years ago. I should put up a more recent, wrinkled one!)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to your Lee!! Looks like a beautiful cake! Bet it was tasty too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very light textured and a white variety.

      Delete
  3. Hasppy happy birthday to Lee!! Mmm cakes from Dillons are always sooooo tasty!! (Now I want one lol!) You guys are both inspiration to me at 90 and almost 90!! Blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete