Wednesday, November 14, 2018

New Stuff That Makes Life Difficult

We have a big tv that we've had for a long time. There are so many things on it that we do not use.

Someone pressed a button and got Closed Captioning turned on while the sound was still available. I had sometimes wished for that option. Then I would know what someone is saying who speaks very softly without my having to turning up the volume.

Well, it was on and we had no idea how to turn it off. We couldn't find the book for the tv so I called our local provider. They were glad to help after I gave them a lot of info. When they wanted the numbers on the back of the box, I gave up, thanked the helper and hung up. Lee found the book for the tv and on page 36 the procedure was explained.  Woo Hoo!

But wait. It showed the control that came with the television - not the control for Contour!

Then the search was on for the control that came with the tv. Lee never throws anything away but this thing is hidden somewhere, probably for good.

I hesitantly started selecting buttons and found one that said "set up." Nope. Finally one showed a menu. That button was not labeled "menu" however.

I found the option and turned off CC!

Whew.


4 comments:

  1. I would like CC on mine so I don't have to turn the volume up so high when i watch at night. I will have to see if I can find it in my menu:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This happened to us...luckily Larry figured it out as I would have never been able to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very frustrating, I've been there!!

    ReplyDelete