Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Weird Wednesday

I woke up early so I knew that there would be a nap in my future.

After lunch of delicious German potato pancakes with fish sticks and a vegetable, I had to take a nap.

It seems to me that the last time I ate those pancakes, I had a long nap.

Better than sleeping pills.


German potato pancakes

Ingredients:

2 eggs
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1⁄4 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp salt
1⁄4 tsp black pepper
6 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
1⁄2 cup onions, finely chopped
1⁄4 cup vegetable oil

Preparation:

1.    In a large bowl, beat together eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Mix in potatoes and onions.

2.    Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the potato mixture into the skillet. Press to flatten. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side until browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels.


3 comments:

  1. My Mom used to take mashed potatoes and form a patty and fry them in butter...really good:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did mine! I never had the ones like the recipe until much later.

      Delete
    2. I have been hungry for them since i read your recipe:)

      Delete